Friday Fun Links… the best of!
In just a FEW days, we’ll be celebrating one year of NanaHood.com. We’re celebrating with a BIG BIRTHDAY BASH, and you are invited! (Pssst, you might want to click on that link and read the Birthday Bash post. Then you just might want to leave a comment and twitter and fb… just sayin’).
As I was thinking about what to write about for today’s Fun Friday Links, it occurred to be that a “best of” post might be fun. Teresa might not ever think to point to some of her best posts throughout the year, so I figured I could do it for her! (And just a tiny hint to those of you paying attention: these links MIGHT just help a little with a game we’ll be playing next Wednesday).
So, here goes… some of the best of NanaHood.com, from year one:
- Pink Ladies, Parking, and other Problems – this was one of the first posts Teresa wrote, and I remember laughing and thinking, “yes, she is going to do JUST fine with this new blog”
- Nana of the Week… Cheryl Booth – ok, this one wasn’t written by Teresa, but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to praise my Mama one more time
- Us Old People Need Something To Do – another one that made me laugh
- Poppa and the shwing set – cute post about the Poppa behind the scenes
- Whispers From God – this one makes me cry
- Cooking, cleaning and dealing with a house full of boys – makes me nervous thinking about my future with my two adventurous and creature-loving boys
- Every Other Weekend – just read this one
- Crafting With Mema – Intro – another post NOT by Teresa, but once again, I couldn’t pass up the chance to praise my Mama and show off my kids (and, in case anyone wonders, we WILL have more Crafting With Mema segments soon).
- Ten Things Nanas are Better at Blogging About – one of the best and most fun “why you should blog” posts around
- Giving Thanks for Courageous Kids – the post about our charity of choice here at NanaHood
- This I know – what Teresa knows for sure
- Giving Thanks for God’s Plan for Me – all of Teresa’s gratituesday posts are great, but I really, really liked this one
- Giving Thanks for Mothers – some really great advice from Teresa’s mama
- Wordless Wednesday – no words, just beauty
- Giving Thanks for my Poochy Tummy – this one makes me smile (and it makes me wish I lived close enough to go shopping with Teresa)
- Royalty for a day – every girl dreams of wearing a crown at least once in her life
- Grandparenting Questionnaire – this one isn’t a post, but we still need folks to fill out the survey!
- And do NOT forget to visit the BIRTHDAY BASH post and make a comment and then tweet/facebook/blog and make MORE comments! You could win the FIRST game of our Birthday Bash!
Happy Almost One-Year Birthday, Teresa! Love ya!