One Dish Chicken Pasta Recipe
Here’s a one dish chicken pasta recipe that will have your family asking for more!
I am constantly looking for new recipes, things I think my family will enjoy. Last week I tried a new recipe I found online. It appealed to me for several reasons. It was a one dish meal and it contained pasta and mushrooms, two of my favorites.
My oldest granddaughter was over and she went with me to the grocery store. We did our shopping together and then she helped me carry in the groceries and start the meal. Cooking with my grandchildren is so much fun and gives us a chance to talk and catch up on our week.
As you can see, it turned out well and Abby, my granddaughter, was happy to help me show it off!
- bow-tie pasta
- 12 ozs farfalle pasta
- 5 tbsps butter (divided)
? Tasty tip
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (medium-size, chopped)
- 8 ozs fresh mushrooms (quartered)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- flat leaf parsley
- parmesan cheese
- toasted sliced almonds
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Remove from Dutch oven.
- 2. Melt remaining 3 Tbsp. butter in Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 3. Stir chicken, sautéed vegetables, and hot cooked pasta into sauce. Add cheese, pepper, and salt. Serve with desired toppings.
I left off the parsley and almonds. I loved this recipe and will definitely make it again!