February 9th is National Pizza Day!
I’m not sure if you know it or not, but today is a very important day! It’s NATIONAL PIZZA DAY! (Yes, that’s in all caps – just want to make sure you hear me).
What’s Your Favorite Pizza?
In our family, half of us love plain, ole boring cheese pizza. And the other half of the family LOVE toppings. All toppings (well, except anchovies). Three meat? Oh yea, but four meat would be even better! Onions, mushrooms, and olives? Pile ’em on! (Can you guess which half of the family I’m in?). One thing we do agree on is the crust. DEEP, DISH, THICK – the more bread, the better. How about your family?
Just a few interesting facts about pizza, taken from the National Day Calendar website:
– Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
– Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
– 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
– Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year. (That seems low to me?!)
How To Celebrate
It goes without saying that you WILL be celebrating this very important day. But, how? Will you order some pizza from your favorite go-to delivery folks? Will you make your own? Will you go all out and have DESSERT PIZZA too? (Um, the answer to that would be YES). In case you want to make your own, here are a couple of great recipes:
– Seriously amazing Pizza Cake, from SoGoodBlog.com
– IF you are going to make a dessert pizza, you’ll want to try this (crazy) one from Better Recipes: Chocolate Strawberry Covered Pizza.
Pizza Day Deals
– Pizza Hut is partnering with Amazon all week. If you order your pizza through Amazon Echo, Tap, Fire TV and Fire tablets, you’ll get 30% off your entire order. If you don’t have any of these products, don’t worry. You can still get a medium 3-topping pizza for just $6.
– Papa John’s – All month long you can get 40% off ALL regular-priced pizzas!
If you celebrate today, let us know!