A few weeks ago I invited nanas and poppas to email me and let me know if they were willing to answer 10 questions for me and be featured as Nana (or poppa) of the week. Here’s my first volunteer and she’s from Texas!
Thank you, Donna, for sharing with us and letting us get to know you and your family! If you would like to be interviewed just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now, meet Donna!
1. What do your grandchildren call you and did you choose your title or did they?
Nana and They Did
2. How many grandchildren do you have and how old are they?
I have 5 – Mike` (Meeka) 6yrs, Mason 5 yrs Mia 4 yrs, Maddox almost 3 yrs, and Emma 4 months
3. What is your favorite thing to do with your grandchildren?
Story Time and Going to the Park
4. How do you communicate with your grandchildren? Phone, Facebook, twitter, text?
Phone, Oovoo, and in Person
5. What do you wish you could do with them but haven’t gotten to do yet?
Go to Disney World
6. If you could change one thing about the world your grandchildren live in, what would it be and why?
Back to old school, kids had respect for their elders and role models were family and not athletes or stars going to rehab!
7. What traits or characteristics do your grandchildren have that you recognize from their parents?
Mike’ and Mia love dress up like their mom. Maddox and Mason like baseball like their Papa, Dad, and Uncle, Emma is very advanced in her babystuff like her dad was and she talks alot like he did (still does).
8. What do you like best about being a grandparent?
I can love them, spoil them, make some memories, and give them back…lol!
9. Where do you live and what do you like best about living there?
I live in Beaumont, Texas and the Best thing is living near 3 of my grandbabies (the other 2 are 5 hrs away in Temple, TX with the rest of our family)
10. What’s your grandchildren’s favorite foods (please include a recipe!)
Mac and Cheese with Weenies – Make up a batch of Velveeta shells and cheese or any Mac and cheese, slice up a package of hot dogs into bite size pieces and mix into mac and cheese. Heat on low until warm.
The picture is my husband and I with his parents, my parents, all our kids, their spouses, and all our grandkids taken at Christmas (camera date is wrong). Being able to get this group together at the same time was a major and rare feat!