A few weeks ago we had a “You Deserve It” contest and our winner was Debbie.
What do your grandchildren call you and did you choose your title or did they?
Answer: They call me Nana I chose it.
2. How many grandchildren do you have and how old are they?
Answer: I have 2, they are 10 and 11. Do they live near you or far away? They have been overseas for the last 6 years. They are in VA now.
3. What is your favorite thing to do with your grandchildren?
Answer: Just cuddle.
4. What makes your grandchildren laugh?
Answer: Everything. We laugh at just about everything.
5. What do you wish you could do with them but haven’t gotten to do yet?
Answer: There are so many things I want to do with them now they are close its hard to choose just one. But just spending time with them is the most important.
6. If you could change one thing about the world your grandchildren live in, what would it be and why?
Answer: They have grown up with 9/11. It has affected every part of their lives. No Wars or conflicts. Also making all people aware of what we are doing to our envirment.
7. What traits or characteristics do your grandchildren have that you recognize from their parents?
Answer: My granddaughter has a lot of my daughter in her. From the way she walks to the way she sits and holds herself. My grandson has a lot of his fathers.
8. What do you like best about being a grandparent?
Answer: Being able to spoil them.
9. What’s the main difference between being a parent and a grandparent?
Answer: Being a parent was all about raising them to be the best they could be and watching them grow. Being a grandparent is my reward. It truly is a full circle.
10. What’s your grandchildren’s favorite foods?
Answer: I have not had them for that many visits alone so I really don’t really know this. Jalyssa likes Goldfish and Jake like vanilla ice cream and will eat it every time.
The “grands” were at Nana Debbie’s when her prize arrived and her granddaughter decorated the NanaHood bag for her. Makes it more personal, don’t you think?
If you or someone you know would like to be Nana of the Week, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, we have very few entries in the NanaHood Mother’s Day Contest (see sidebar). One more week to enter! Why not sign up today?